New courses at NTI Business & Industry to address website, corporate blogging needs
NTI partnering with NWA-based writing services company Jamie’s Notebook
SPRINGDALE, Ark.—Two new classes being offered in July at the Northwest Arkansas Technical Institute Business & Industry in Springdale will address a different kind of skill from their usual small business-oriented offerings.
NTI is partnering with Jamie Smith, owner of the writing services business Jamie’s Notebook, to offer “Writing Your Own Website” on July 13 and “Simplifying the Art of Business Blogging” on July 20. Both classes will be 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on the NTI Business & Industry campus (550 S. Bain in Springdale). Each class is $49 per person. Contact instructor Jamie Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more about registration.
“These classes are both designed to empower the small business owner or nonprofit organization to improve their online communication and grow their audiences,” Smith said. “The workshops are also great opportunities for professional writers to learn a new niche, thus growing their earning capabilities.”
Gretchen Sawyer, program manager at NTI Business & Industry, agreed that the courses will provide unique professional development and business growth opportunities.
“Part of our purpose is to provide classes that help those in business and industry to grow their business and be more effective,” she said.
The course descriptions are as follows:
Writing your own website
Whether you’re creating your own website or providing content for your website designer, it’s important for a small business owner to understand what makes a good website.
This course will include:
- A website checklist-what each website should include
- Best practices for writing each page
- Suggested industry-specific pages
- Writing tips for online audiences
- Developing an individual site plan with ideas for content
Simplifying the Art of Business Blogging
Have you been told you need a blog to attract attention to your website and business? Marketers who prioritize blogging are 13x more likely to achieve a positive ROI on their efforts.
This seminar will simplify how to make that happen so you can get on your way to better business success. The information will help small business owners either be prepared to start a business blog or will help them understand what to look for in a blog written by a freelance writer.
Simplifying the Art of Business Blogging is designed to teach the basics of blogging for a business including:
- Why a business should have a blog
- How to decide if you should do your blog in-house or outsource it
- Planning your business blog
- What to write about
- Best practices for formatting
- Best practices for writing
- Tips for success, including how to integrate into your overall sales and marketing plan.
Both classes will have hands-on activities.
About NTI Business & Industry
NTI has special expertise in industrial maintenance training, and offer endless courses in leadership and personal development classes. They can customize most classes to meet individual client needs. Their mission is:
- To establish a core curriculum based on the needs of Northwest Arkansas businesses and industries, focusing on ‘hands-on/skill-based’ training.
- To provide and improve training opportunities for existing employees and employers in the areas of industry-specific employment skills and advanced technologies.
- To promote careers and career development for the Northwest Arkansas community.
- To promote a solid work ethic among its students/employees.
- To improve the quality of the workforce.
About Jamie Smith
Jamie Smith of Jamie’s Notebook gives companies and organizations “a voice with the written word.” Her mission is to help businesses and organizations discover and express their passion and purpose through the content they produce.
Jamie has become well-known in Northwest Arkansas and surrounding area for her ability to create content that informs, inspires and enlightens. As well as leading seminars for organizations, she offers one-on-one consulting on the fine art of writing online.