Effective January 12, 2020
Proceeding to hire me to do any projects indicates agreement to abide by these policies, rates, and terms of service:
- Invoices are usually submitted to clients the first week of every month after the work is completed (example: November work is billed the first week of December).
- I try to send a reminder one week before any outstanding invoices are due but do not rely on this. The first invoice was the notice of payment.
- Invoices are due no later than the last Friday of the month in which the invoice was issued. That means that the payment must be received or payment is postmarked before that date. Payments initiated on or after that date will be considered late unless I am notified or other arrangements are made in advance.
- Late payments on invoices will be subject to a late fee of up to 10 percent. For ongoing clients, that fee will be added to the next invoice (and will be itemized). For one-off (standalone) projects, an adjusted invoice will be issued.
- Work will be halted for any client with more than two outstanding invoices until the account is caught up in its entirety.
- Invoices that are more than three months late will be subject to legal action including letters from an attorney and/or small claims court.
- All invoices are issued via Square and can be paid directly with Square, or via check, PayPal, Venmo, or Local Trade Partner dollars.
All client meetings are billed at a $50/hour rate. If a specific service’s flat rate is not listed, assume it will be figured at the same $50 hourly rate unless otherwise arranged.
Blog-related services (includes writing, reasonable edits, and posting to client website)
- Blog ghostwriting (300-500 words): starts at $100/blog
- Blog ghostwriting (500-800 words): starts at $150/blog
- Blog ghostwriting (800-1,200 words): starts at $200/blog
- Blog ghostwriting (1,200+ words): Contact Jamie for rates.
- Blog idea development (up to 25-30 ideas): $100
Newsletter writing/design services (includes writing, layout and distribution)
- Basic newsletter with writing/editing 1 main article with other prewritten segments: starts at $100
- Basic newsletter with writing/editing 2 articles with other prewritten segments: starts at $150
- Extensive newsletter with heavy editing, writing, and design: starts at $200
- Setting up newsletter (including adding contacts, creating template with branded colors, etc.) $50/hour
Website writing and audit services
- Website writing per page: $50
- Website writing per long page (300+ words): $100 (if part of an entire site project, it will be billed at the lower per-page rate)
- Website audits: $50 for up to 4 pages then $10 per page for each additional page. Websites that are a single page with anchors are billed by the hour.
Press release writing
- Press release (including local distribution): $150
- Press release (including regional distribution): starts at $200
Feature/Advertorial article writing services (includes research, writing, reasonable edits)
- Article ghostwriting (300-500 words): starts at $100/article
- Article ghostwriting (500-800 words): starts at $150/article
- Article ghostwriting (800-1,200 words): starts at $200/article
- Article ghostwriting (1,200+ words): Contact Jamie for rates.
Miscellaneous writing services
- Bio writing (includes a long form up to 300 words and a 100-word short form): $200
- Brochure or other short-form marketing writing: $50/hour
- Event description (Meetup, Facebook, etc.) or product description (short): $15/each
- Event description (Meetup, Facebook, etc.) or product description (extended): $25/each
- One-on-one blog consulting/training $49/hour (usually two hours or so)
- Workshop (3 hours) $79/person for businesses, $49/person for nonprofits
- Workshop (6 hours) $119/person for business, $89/person for nonprofits
- Blog or website writing seminar presentation (Rates vary, contact for details)